Saturday, June 14, 2014

Purchasing Land and a Home


My boyfriend and I (prior to his death) were looking for land to purchase and considering where we would want to live. I told him I would be happy with a tent as long as I could have a shower. I would have ran away with him and my son without a second thought. Now that he is gone I still want to continue with our plans. I am looking to purchase about 10-20 acres of land. The home is optional at the moment, I can use a small RV until I can get a home built if necessary.

The problem with my plan is my income. I am a single mom that makes about $25000 a year. This is a small income when considering purchasing something like this. I am planning it though, and pray for the best. What am I doing?
  • I have increased my credit score from 420 to 670 in less than three years (I will share how I did this later on) , so I want to continue this increase for another year before making a purchase
  • Look at different locations to determine where I want to live
  • Look into local programs that may help
  • Find state and federal programs that may help
  • Work as much over time as I possibly can to increase my yearly salary for this year
  • Pay off credit cards so that I increase my credit score and decrease my debt
  • Evaluate every aspect of my life financially. I want to be fairly secure before I purchase something of this magnitude
Making a purchase like this takes planning and perseverance. I will be working hard on reaching this goal and I will b sharing my progress.

Thank you all for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment