Thursday, June 19, 2014

Living Our Dreams

I have had dreams that I want to accomplish throughout my life. Since I have become a mom I have become more driven to reach my dreams. In the last three years I have accomplished a few dreams, and have decided on more dreams that I would like to reach.

Dreams that have become a reality:
  • Made a huge move to Colorado when my son was two months old and I was unemployed.
  • Started my associate degree program for business management (will finish in December 2014)
  •  Purchased a newer, more dependable car
  • Started savings for my sons  College education
Dreams that I want to accomplish:
  • Finish school
  • Have a decent savings put away
  • Start my own business
  • Purchase a decent sized piece of land for my son and I
One thing I have realized about dreams are that they change, but we need to have dreams to keep us motivated in life. I have kept some of the same dreams throughout the years, but they change in ways. Sometimes we meet people that help us see that we belong in different places then we think. Last year I just new that I wanted to be in South Dakota. I met my boyfriend and I realized that I belonged here in Colorado. Even though he died, he helped me realize so many things about my life.

Losing him made me feel as though I did not want to go on. I realize now that knowing him is what makes me want to go on. He showed me more in the few months together about living our dreams and being happy then I had ever seen in my life. I thank him for the experience and I know he is still here with me as I strive to reach even higher in my life.

Do not let anything hold you back from reaching your dreams. Shit happens in life that makes you want to stop, but these experiences all make you stronger. Keep reaching for what you want in life and do not let anyone tell you that it is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment