Sunday, April 29, 2012

Can I be a Single Mom and Work From Home

I have to say that I love my job, but I am wondering if it is worth it. I have missed two days this week because of being sick and I know my check will not be enough to pay the bills that I have to pay. In addition to that I just found out that the hours have been cut for the next couple of months. I know two or three hours do not sound like a lot, but $20 makes a huge difference in my pay. I NEED that money.

Since I am going to be starting school in August I am even more concerned about whether or not it is worth working full time, going to school full time, and being a full time single mom. I do not have healthcare through my job, and if I did sign up for it the cost would be half of my paycheck each month. The only bonus of my job is that I have a regular weekly check and a very caring group of people that I work with. We are a small family.

Being able to work from home would make a huge difference in my life once school starts, but would I be able to make enough. At the moment I have no savings, do not make enough to pay all of the bills every month, and still have to consider all of the baby expenses. I was making a residual income of about $500 a month last year at this time, but I lost my motivation once the baby was born. I also did not have a lot of time to focus on my home income once I started working full time. If I took the time each day that I go to work I think it would be possible financially. It is the possibility of it not working out that scares me. I am the only provider for my son.

There is still a couple of months for me to decide and we all know that everything can change in a couple of months. I am going to try and make the decision that is the best for my son. I have to have financial stability for him, so we will see what is to come with my online income and life before I make the final decision about working from home or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment