Monday, August 20, 2012

Injured Single Mommy! Now What?

Wow things keep happening. Last week I missed work Monday because I had the Flu. Thursday night I fell on my kitchen floor, running from a skunk that was outside, and I am hurting so bad. My right arm is so bad I can't straighten it all the way. My back is hurting so bad that I can barely lift up my son without help. My right leg is bruised and hurting, and I was just getting over an injury with it.

I am scared. I went to the hospital on Friday, nothing broken, and I had to miss work all weekend. I have an appointment in the morning with my doctor, and I am really scared. The pain is not easing up, even with oxycodone.  I try to live day by day, but I have a lot of what if questions in my head.

What if I can't work for a few weeks, or more?
What am I going to do about an income if I have to miss more work?
How am I going to pay my bills?
How am I going to feed my son? I get a little food stamps, but not much.
How am I going to keep a roof over my families heads?

There is just so much going through my head right now, and I do not know what I am going to do. I have been at my job for a year on the 30th, but as of right now I do not qualify for FMLA. This means they can hire someone else in my place and not have a job for me. If this happens I really do not know what will happen.

I start school next Monday. The good part about that is I will only be going to class two days a week, the other classes are online. If I need surgery or anything on my arm I can get someone to help me with my typing. I had two surgeries on my right arm a few years ago, so I know how to type fairly well with just my left hand.

I know that I do not have a lot of readers on my blog, but if anyone reads this and has any ideas of what I can do please comment or message me. I am scared. I promise my son all the time that he will always be taken care of, and I feel like I may not be able to if I am hurt bad. I do not want to let my son down. He is my biggest concern in life. I will go without before he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment