Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back to School

I have made a big step in my five year plan, I am returning to school. I already received my acceptance letter from Pike Peakes Community College in Colorado Springs, CO. I will be going to get my associates degree in applied science focused on business management.It is a two year program and there are so many opportunities for this field of work.

I decided to choose something that I know and I am good at. I have seen so many single moms decide to take courses in medicine or other things, that they do not use. There are at least five women that I personally know that has a degree in some medical field, but they are sitting at home not using the skills they learned because they were not really interested in the field. They actually thought it would be easy money, and nothing in life is easy.

I am scared of this big step in my life. It is even scarier to me than becoming a single mom. I have faith though, I will work hard and focus on our future. This is something that I am doing for both my son and I. Life is to short to just wait for something to happen, we have to make things happen, and that is exactly what I am doing. I am making my life better for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment