Thursday, August 25, 2011

Is it Time to Start Dating?

I have been asking myself this question for a while. My ex and I were together for 6.5 years. We split up then I became pregnant. (I am sure you can figure that out) When I found out I was pregnant he denied the baby. I was devastated and did not want anything to do with men, even though I had a very supportive friend who was there for me.

I have been asked out numerous times by different me, but I have not been ready for that step. My son is now 11 weeks old. I have been talking to someone for a few weeks, but he lives far enough away that I really have not had to make the decision. He is now wanting to take it a little further and I have to ask myself again; Is it time to start dating?

In my opinion I think I may be. I will always love my babies father, no matter what happened between us. I also know that he has moved on and there is not a chance for us to get back together. My biggest concern is letting someone into my sons life that may not stay. I do not want him to lose people like that. I also know that if I never take a chance I will stay single for the rest of my life. I do put myself second to my son, but I think making myself happy will make him happier in the long run.

So am I ready to start dating? I think I may give it a chance and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment