Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moms Helping Moms

I met a young pregnant lady at our local grocery store the other day. Last night she came to my job to use the restroom. She was in there close to 30 minutes, so I went to check on her. She was ok, but started asking me questions about being pregnant. I could tell that she did not have a lot of people to talk to about this, so I took the time to answer any questions that I could. We spoke for at least ten minutes. After we talked she let me know that her boyfriend was in the car. All I could think was REALLY? She had been in the store close to 45 minutes, is due in a month, and he did not even come in to check on her. It really upset me to see the look on her face when I asked why he wouldn't come to see about her. She instantly came up with excuses.

It is unfortunate that I actually noticed the situation. She is a young girl, pregnant with her first child, and does not have a lot of people to turn to. Well I had to help in any way that I could. I offered her a baby bed,  I am looking through my sons clothes so I can give her any that he can't wear, and I gave her my phone number so she could call me if she needed help.

I do not have a lot in my life, but I want to help people as much as I can. Especially someone in her situation. I think moms should help moms. I am really thinking about starting a web site that is exclusively to help moms help other moms. It is something that I am working with, and thing it would be a great site. I am not thinking about making money, but really helping moms. Not just single moms, but all moms that need help.We will see what happens.

As of now I am going to help this young lady in any way that I can. I found some clothes, bibs, shoes, and a few other things. I will be giving them to her tomorrow, and if I can help her in any other way I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment