Thursday, March 17, 2011

Preparing for a New Baby

I have helped my sister raise her three kids, but it is so much different trying to prepare for my own to come into this world. It is even more difficult knowing that the father doesn't want anything to do with his son. Trying to prepare for financial issues, emotional issues, and whatever issues may come up is difficult. I am so glad that I have a positive attitude, or I would probably be worse off.

Preparing for the newborn to come home:

I have read so many different articles about what you may need for the baby, but I believe that your list will vary somewhat from other moms. It will depend on where you live, and your living environment. I did find two sites that have printable lists to help a new mommy keep up with what they are getting for there baby. I like lists, so I use them as much as possible.

New Baby Checklist

Free Newborn Baby Checklists

Preparing financially:

All of us have worries about being financially prepared for our baby. We will probably never be completely prepared, but there is steps that we all can take to get ready.

Just a few to start:
-Start Saving as soon as you find out you are expecting
-Find every way possible to cut costs around your home
-Be sure to have a baby shower for gifts
-Accept second hand items from friends and family
-Keep receipts for everything so it can be returned if you can't use it
-Sign up for all of the free samples that you can find

Financially Preparing for Maternity Leave When Single



No comments:

Post a Comment