Monday, August 11, 2014

RIP Robin Williams


Robins Williams was found dead in his home today, August 11, 2014. The news brought me to tears. This man has made millions laugh for years, and was hiding so much pain behind the laughter. It is remarkable how he has had such an impact on other peoples lives, and still suffered so much.

I remember watching Mork and Mindy when I was really small. Robin Williams would always make me laugh. Through the years I have watched hundreds of Williams' movies; Good Morning Vietnam, Popeye, Dead Poets Society, Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, 9 Months, Jack, Good Will Hunting, Jumanji, Night at the Museum 1 & 2 just to name a few. I also loved hearing his voice in Alladin and Happy Feet. Every movie I have ever watched with Robin Williams in it, funny or serious, always had a meaning to it. They would open my eyes and make me look at situations in a different way.

I knew he had problems in the past with addiction, but I always saw the positive about Williams in the media. He supported many charities and always seemed to have the best outlook on life. I feel so sad for him to know that he was suffering so much inside. He worried more about making others laugh then he did about his own happiness. I will always admire Robin Williams and see him as a true genius when it came to his acting. He will always be remembered in my family and I know my family will not be the only one.

My prayers are with everyone effected by this complete tragedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment